Monday, 13 August 2018

Webcomics have changed video...

I came across this video  about the ways webcomics have changed over the last few years!


It's actually mostly about the social aspects - the fact that the goal used to be to get viewers to go to your webcomic hosted on its' own website, but now most things are hosted on Tapas or Webtoon. He also goes into how social media and mobile usage has changed things.  He doesn't really talk about storytelling/format specific things (like I'm doing with javascript)

Funnily enough I'm going in the opposite direction, putting my comic on its' own site (because of it's custom layouts and js). But because mine is a short comic, intended to be released as a finished product rather than an ongoing comic to subscribe to, those main reasons for using tapas/webtoon aren't so relevant.





Something unrelated but very cool he mentioned - Flatton, which you can upload lineart to and it creates a version of flat colours (filling the gaps where the lineart is) for quicker flatting......

No comments:

Post a Comment