Thursday, 23 August 2018

Fonts

Because I'm probably going to be using text in the html rather than as part of the images, that means I'll need to use a font that I can either upload the file of or something on google fonts.

The font I've been using so far is Pearl District, and I can't figure out how to upload it in a way that works - it's possibly just that tumblr can't handle that kind of file.

So I looked on google fonts for similar things and found these:

Which are pretty good, but only have the main alphabet + number characters.... one of the plusses of having html text is that it can be translated into other languages, so using a font that has more characters would be a good idea....

So I had another look, using letters with macrons as an example to see what fonts had more characters, and found these.....
the only really similar-ish style I found was pangolin, and I don't love how it's kind of bumpy and a lot wider than the others, but I've used it for now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment