Wednesday, 8 August 2018

page 1 redraw

Today I redrew the first page, making it more readable for the second showing, also thinking more about panel layout. Here's an online version.







I put the montage section into four horizontal panels - I played around with various compositions, keeping the panels the same size and shape to emphasise the repetitive and monotonous nature.

not quite sure on the overlapping transition between panel 4 and the big one, it feels too fast? or maybe it feels like she's reflecting on those things, which is good?

Still not 100% sure if I want to make the phone call the thing that sets her off.

and the final part, walking through the forest..


I then decided that I think I need a slight time/buffer between the last two bits? drafted this, a few parts of her walking across the normal fields before entering the strange forest - will add the sketches in later, but my tablet is out of battery.





In coding the online version; I tried to keep it as simple as possible because my goal at this point is just to have an online version to show people my thumbnails at the second showing, not having it work perfectly, but I did want to try the last section where it scrolls across. I got it to work, but it does add to the overall width of the screen meaning you can scroll sideways at any point....

I went back to look at this Lucky 13 site to see how they did it, and theirs works better. I will have a look at their code and figure out if I can replicate that better.


No comments:

Post a Comment