I am exploring how webcomics can be enhanced and made more engaging though multimodality and interactivity. Webcomics are a large and diverse medium, and though they are constantly evolving, still only a small amount utilise the many technical capabilities of the web. Things like javascript, animation, infinite canvas, and hyperlinks can not only enhance the story, but make webcomics more accessible. I want to showcase the possibilities of hypercomics (webcomics specifically made for the web) and inspire more webcomic creators to create them.
Throughout this project I have explored various hypercomic techniques, finding out how they work and how I can use them in specific ways to enhance the storytelling and add meaning to a narrative. My final output is a short fantasy comic called Overgrown.
Motivation: Why do you care about the issue?
Problem statement: What problem are you exploring?
Approach: How did you go about making progress on the problem?
Results: What’s your answer? What's on display?
Impact: What are the implications of your answer? This can be personal growth too.
For Fine Arts students you can focus on your intentions, conceptual and contextual interests.
For almost as long as there’s been the web, there have been webcomics. Although the internet is constantly evolving, a vast number of webcomics are still essentially pages of print comics displayed online
A webcomic, specifically made for the web - using things like javascript, animation, infinite canvas, sound and interactivity.
Expanding on the formal elements of comics & also adapting them for new mediums.
In my research I found that effective uses of hypercomic techniques are used to show emphasise fantasy/magical elements in contrast to reality/normality.
I also intend to subvert the traditional narrative by
putting diverse/marginalised characters at the forefront.
hypercomic which uses multimodality and interactive techniques to enhance the storytelling in order to engage readers
my process primarily consisted of exploring the possibilities of html/css/javascript and how they can enhance the storytelling
No comments:
Post a Comment