Friday, 28 September 2018

Existing comic home pages / about pages

Looking at home pages and about pages since that's something else I need to figure out for my site, that I haven't really gotten into yet.  I have started writing the text of what I want on the about page, and the layout of the home page, but haven't figured out the details of the design.

Most comics don't have a home page, it just has the most recent page at the index. About pages tend to be pretty simple too - just the blurb and about the artist. This is because of the ongoing format of most of them, as opposed to mine that's finished and standalone.

But here's a few examples of things I might draw inspiration from:

stand still stay silent - a lot of info here,  but on the about page it's split nicely


Project Nought - I particularly love the simple home page here, with the timer animation. 






Thunderpaw - has a nice simple home page too, with the animation that's throughout the comic.

The layout of the menu items is a little weird, but it's fine.



Ava's Demon - this still has the usual wordpress(?) stuff below, but above the fold is nice, a simple logo and book that has 'start reading' when you hover.




Protean Sea - this doesn't have a separate home page, but that logo and parallax background could easily be made into one. I love it's simplicity and atmosphere.



To Be Continued - this page actually has the two links with a white background, and when you hover over the title everything else disappears and shows the illustration like below. it's a unique layout and works quite well like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment