The first workshop I did was Kerry Ann's; Creative Process, in which we wrote down a whole lot of topics/issues, audiences, contexts, vcd outcomes and creative references; and then used them as a kind of random output. It was very much oriented towards issue-based ideas so not so much useful for me? But I think I will still be having to think of those things
(worksheet for my own reference)
Then I did Research Methods with Tristam, talking about different ways to research. I think it was helpful to look at it from more of the view I'm coming from (researching digital comics, investigating that rather than issues).
Some ways I can research:
- reading/playing things and recording my own (or other people's) reactions to them, how I/they react to it and interact with it
- I will read some digital comics that do interesting things and write about how i interact with them, maybe observe some other people too
- making things, responding to it with my own judgement - the important thing is writing about it!!
Also clarified proposal vs report - proposal is looking into things you find interesting, taking x approach based on what you've discovered; report is starting on an issue and designing for it

No comments:
Post a Comment