- Little Nemo in Slumberland obviously
- The Land of the Magic flute has the protagonist crash his car and go into the lake, entering a magic land, and at the end swimming up to the surface and being rescued by ambulances etc and thinking it must've been a dream (but then seeing a tentacle slip back into the lake...)
- Thunderpaw has characters also in a car crash, then find themselves in a weird creepy forest)
Having the contrast of reality/fantasy world is something that could really be played with style & layout & medium wise (as it is in the above comics)
Like Alice in Wonderland,
In terms of representation (lgbtia+ -wise, mostly), the majority of the comics I read have it as a normal, given thing, rather than something the comic is about - e.g. the main characters are lesbians and that's treated as normal and not any source of conflict, it's about normalizing them. So in whatever I do, I'll definitely have diverse characters, but it won't greatly affect what the story itself is about.
I also downloaded a whole lot of fairytale books (Andrew Lang's coloured fairy books mostly) to look for lesser-known fairytales I could possibly adapt, and have found a few that interest me, though I'm
No comments:
Post a Comment