Saturday, 28 April 2018

Second Showing (week 7)

My presentation - it's basically the same as last week, I just added some more details. And I finished my Mistlands parallax


I chose the inform group because that's basically what comics and storytelling is, a device used to inform people, about whatever the story happens to be about. I suppose it's mostly about interaction and direct exchange, as well as being subjective (depending on the narrative?). In our group we didn't discuss very much how it informs or what kind of informing it is in specifics - because on the surface level it's fairly straightforward.
I didn't get that much feedback from talking to other classmates to be honest; most people seem to think I've got my direction and know where and going, and that it's all clear - which it is to an extent, I just need to figure out what my story is going to be about which will open up more need for research into different areas. I also need to do more detailed research into the things I'm already looking into - what I put up in my presentation is fairly simplified (so I don't have too much text up there.

When talking to people, they mostly brought up how it's very cool and interesting, and they like interacting with it (possibly because they haven't seen my project before), as well as suggesting other cool examples and different areas of webcomics, asking about the overlap of print and web comics - questions about the broad topic rather than specifics. This probably indicates I need to present more succinct detailed information.
I had a few people suggest that my narrative could somehow involve, conceptually, the idea of digital forms of storytelling. Someone also got me thinking that I could create a story in which part of the narrative is a webcomic and part of it is print - like a dual narrative, or from different POVs, and show how the different mediums can be used? I think that's a little off topic and would require a bit of rethinking of my project. My main goal now is to figure out what my story is about, and at least have a more specified and solid direction for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment