A little more research on possible places to host my comic.....
I couldn't find any comic hosting sites that allow you to edit your own html, etc - most of them (like tapas, webtoon, etc) are just for uploading images.
There are a few webcomic collectives around, like smackjeeves, hiveworks, spiderforest....but they all require submitting and being accepted, and apparently it's better if you pay for your own hosting anyway. - though having a look at that, it's probably cheaper than paying for normal website hosting?
I talked to a few people who use smackjeeves on the webcomic discord I'm part of.
One of them mentioned to check out what people on spiderforest use, and I had a look at their forum which had a few things - here and here which could be helpful, though are focused on normal webcomics that are normal page formats, rather than mine which will be a small amount of individually coded pages.
I think at this point I might even keep with tumblr, using the custom pages (and getting rid of the tumblr iframe, changing the home page, etc) and then I can easily edit it...
I also talked to my friend who's web hosting space I use for my own website, to see if she has any advice. She said she'll get back to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment